National Preparedness Month
Category: Toolbox Talks
All Ideal employees and our Subs are required during emergency EVAC drills to do the following:
• Ensure fire protection equipment is operating properly.
• Train employees on how to evacuate properly.
DISCOVERING SMOKE OR A FIRE AT WORK:
• Relocate-If it is safe to do so relocate those in immediate danger and instruct others to go to their designated muster area.
• Alarm-Pull the building fire alarm to alert others, move to a safe location, and call 911 or plant security to inform them of the location.
• Confine-Close all doors and windows & other openings to confine the fire.
• Evacuate-Evacuate the building, do not use any elevators and go to your gathering point and communicate.
EXIT ROUTE CAPACITY:
The ceiling of an exit route must be at least 7’6” high.
• An exit must be at least 28” wide at all points, where there is only ONE exit access leading to an exit or exit discharge, the width of the exit must be at least the width of the exit access.
• Objects that project into the exit route must not reduce the width of the exit route to less than the minimum width requirements.