We’re currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team in Detroit, Michigan. This position reports to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for leading a small project team and overseeing all aspects of project management for multiple projects in accordance with their design, budget, and schedule. The incumbent will also develop new business opportunities relative to a particular client or group of clients.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Accountable for overall safety, quality, schedule, profitability and customer satisfaction on assigned projects.
- Establish and oversee the safety plan and enforce a strong safety culture at assigned sites
- Write and manage all contracts with contractors, testing companies and design professionals.
- Manage monthly payment application process
- Support job site cost management, including monitoring of job profitability
- Supervise and mentor project job site staff
- Initiate and maintain relationships with prime owner contacts and architects to facilitate existing and potential construction activities
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site project staff to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; continually review all areas of work to plan most cost-effective method of operating on all aspects of project.
- Lead and conduct investigations as needed and implement the appropriate corrective actions.
The Ideal Candidate
- A bachelor’s degree in a complimentary technical discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of project management experience in the construction industry serving Automotive and/or Industrial markets.
- Experience managing projects with multiple delivery methods ranging from $1-100MM
- Demonstrated ability to sell work and develop new clients with local contractor knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to perform domestic travel up to 50% of the time
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Oracle Primavera (Prolog, SAP, or Viewpoint experience is a preferred)
- What You’ll Get
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package that includes paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k matching and more!
Ideal Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accepting NO Third Party Referrals.