We’re currently seeking an experienced Project Estimator to join our team in Detroit, Michigan. This position reports to the Chief Estimator and will be responsible for preparing comprehensive and competitive bid proposal and preliminary budgets for new construction projects.
- Assist the chief estimator in preparing proposals and estimates for hard bid projects.
- Perform quantity take-offs and compile the quantities of labor, material and equipment with the costs associated to each resource.
- Identify and assess the bid to determine scope of profits, impact of site logistics and the risks associated with the construction and prepare bid alternates if required.
- Address on-going construction change order estimates in relation to existing projects as needed.
- Attend pre-bid walkthroughs to assess and analyze the site conditions and how it might have an impact on subcontractors/trade contractors to perform work on site.
- Communicate with the subcontractors/vendors to determine scope of work and address any issues related to the bid package/scope of work.
- Receive and Analyze subcontractor bid proposals based on price and scope of work and select the subcontractor to perform the work.
- Address post bid changes and prepare a comprehensive final bid price/cost breakdown.
- Perform additional duties as necessary.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
The Ideal Candidate:
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent
- Effective communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience with demonstrated success in multiple markets.
- Industrial or Automotive experience desired.
- Competent with self-perform concrete and earthwork.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to create preliminary project schedules using MS Project or P6
What You’ll Get:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package that includes paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k matching and more!
Ideal Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO Third-Party Referrals Will Be Accepted.