We’re currently seeking an experienced Project Estimator to join our team in Detroit, Michigan. This position reports to the Chief Estimator and will be responsible for preparing comprehensive and competitive bid proposal and preliminary budgets for new construction projects.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the chief estimator in reviewing incoming bid opportunities.
- Identify and assess the bid to determine scope of work, impact of site logistics and the risks associated with the construction and prepare bid alternates if required.
- Perform quantity take-offs and compile the quantities of labor, material and equipment with the costs associated to each resource.
- Evaluate project specific requirements, client requirements, client milestones, subcontractor production, material and equipment lead times, and prepare preliminary construction schedules to support the project and to determine the need for multiple shifts and / or overtime
- Attend pre-bid walkthroughs to assess and analyze the site conditions and how it might have an impact on subcontractors/trade contractors to perform work on site.
- Develop subcontractor scopes of work to better align trades and ensure complete and well-coordinated estimates.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with owner and / or client on items requiring additional clarity during the bid process
- Communicate with the subcontractors/vendors to determine scope of work and address any issues related to the bid package/scope of work.
- Receive and Analyze subcontractor bid proposals based on price and scope of work and select the subcontractor to perform the work
- Assemble complete proposals including completion of owner and / or client proposal requirements including, but not limited to, proposal forms, bid breakdowns, unit pricing, logistics plans, preliminary schedules, project narratives where required, and associated bid clarifications supporting our understanding of the project requirements.
- Address post bid changes and prepare a comprehensive final bid price/cost breakdown.
- Perform additional duties as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate:
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent
- Effective communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience with demonstrated success in multiple markets.
- Industrial or Automotive experience desired.
- Competent with self-perform concrete and earthwork.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to create preliminary project schedules using MS Project or P6
What You’ll Get:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package that includes paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k matching and more!
Ideal Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO Third-Party Referrals Will Be Accepted.