We’re currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join our team in Detroit, Michigan. In this position you’ll manage the day-to-day engineering operations of a jobsite. This includes providing technical support on engineering matters and ensuring all documentation and record keeping standards are followed. You’ll also seek guidance and assistance from the Senior Project Engineer or Project Manager on more complex issues when they come up.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Document Control
- Maintain and update project documentation including drawings, submittals, RFI’s, specifications, etc.
- Create submittal register and submittal schedule to match field schedule
- Obtain and process start-up and closeout documents
- Archive project information at completion
- Maintain project schedule updates
- Generate site logistics plans in PowerPoint with information provided by project team
- Assist with punch list process
- Walk job to assist with enforcement of schedule with contractors in field
- Assist with verification of approved products being installed on site
- Receive and review/evaluate contractor quotations for changes, with assistance on estimate of values
- Assist Project Manager with extra work pricing process
- Support subcontractor payment process
- Assist with weekly labor and quantity tracking on a weekly basis.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Entry level
- Experience with Primavera (P6), SAP, and Viewpoint / TEAM is a plus
- Ability to prioritize activities
- Effective time management / communication skills
- Willingness to perform domestic travel up to 50% of the time
What You’ll Get:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package that includes paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k matching and more!
Ideal Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accepting NO Third Party Referrals.