Chief Estimator for Ideal Contracting, LLC in Detroit, Michigan.Duties
: Oversee assembly of final bid proposals and fee structures for structural and miscellaneous steel bids, including preparing subcontractor bid packages; prepare estimates for all stages of project design and construction, including identifying and mitigating risk and analyzing equipment needs; review project plans and specifications and develop value engineering proposals, and prepare and conduct constructability reviews; perform engineering calculations and provide engineering designs and details for temporary bracings and bolted and welded steel connections, analyze overall steel structures, and calculate minimum weld requirements for diagonal braces; identify key steel framing elements missing from overall designs, and implement engineering strategies to resolve design deficiencies and recommend technical solutions; develop construction schedules based on engineering estimates, including milestone dates and proposed durations for work activities, and prepare subcontractor scope sheets and bid analysis spreadsheets; review client contracts for correct scope and schedules, and negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors; 5% domestic travel.Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Civil or Construction Engineering, or Construction Management, or foreign equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in a cost estimation or project management position in the structural steel construction industry.
- 5 years of experience with each of the following:
- managing structural and miscellaneous steel construction projects for commercial and industrial buildings, including generating all required purchase orders and negotiating with customers and subcontractors
- preparing cost estimates for structural and miscellaneous steel construction projects for commercial and industrial buildings, including accounting for contractual changes, quoting change orders, and tracking work directives
- generating RFI’s, reviewing contract documents, and resolving design engineering issues for steel and precast concrete-related projects
- preparing and maintaining project schedules for steel and precast concrete construction projects using Microsoft Project, including project change orders and claims
- preparing value engineering proposals for steel and precast concrete construction projects
Experience can be acquired concurrently.Resumes:
Idcemail@example.com, or fax 866-553-6204. Identify Chief Estimator position. EOE.