Steps To Prevent Accidents
1) Have a competent person knowledgeable and trained in traffic control measures
advise your setup.
2) Consider completely closing off roadway not just a lane. Also remember concrete
barriers are safer than plastic barrels.
3) Use proper traffic control measures including: Use of Concrete Barriers, Reflective
Barricades, Lighted Warning signs, Wearing of Hi-Viz reflective vests, providing
plenty of lighting during low-light or night conditions. Also provide flagmen with
devices that increase their visibility to approaching vehicles. An tool that has
proven effective is the lighted Slow/Stop paddle.
4) Areas shall include: Advanced Warning Area; Tapered Transition Area; Buffer
Space; Activity Area; Tapered Termination Area.
5) Have a supervisor or competent person evaluate the effectiveness of your traffic
6) When working near moving vehicles ALWAYS check before stepping out into their
path of travel.
Confirm That You’ve Viewed the Changes
in your inbox
We’ve made some changes/updates to the 2018 employee handbook and need you to acknowledge that you’ve seen these changes.
Thank you for reviewing!
Something went wrong.