Here are a few tips for you to remember so that you don’t become a statistic:
- Choose the right tool for the job. Never use a makeshift.
- Use only tools in good condition – no cracked or broken handles, none with mushroomed or broken heads.
- Make sure all guards and handles are in place.
- Always use tools with sharp blades or bits.
- Check cords and power tools for broken plugs and cuts (do not tape)
- Wrenches and sockets are in good condition and not stripped out.
- Fall arrest equipment is free of cuts, good stitching, and connectors. Never store your fall arrest equipment in the bottom of the box.
If you inspect a tool and find it defective, immediately tag it and remove it from service. Safety should never find a bad hand tool in service if we all do our job.
Confirm That You’ve Viewed the Changes
in your inbox
We’ve made some changes/updates to the 2018 employee handbook and need you to acknowledge that you’ve seen these changes.
Thank you for reviewing!
Something went wrong.