Common Sense On The Work Site
Category: Toolbox Talks
• Always wear the proper personal protective equipment.
• Don’t over exert yourself – get help with heavy tasks.
• Always use the proper tool for the job.
• Ask advice if not sure how to do the work safely or if it’s a new task you have not done before.
• Watch out for others – remember you are part of a team. • Are the conditions safe to do the work, examples: high winds, ice?
• Are the methods we are going to use safe?
• Evaluate : If you could fall, get struck by, get caught between or under, or get electrocuted on this job?
Think about all the worker fatalities we reviewed in Michigan last year. How many
of those did you think were preventable with a bit of common sense? THINK
BEFORE YOU ACT!