- File and archive safety files such as orientations, Pre-Task Plans, Inspections, Safety Meeting Minutes, Tool Box Talks, Training records, and other safety related materials
- Conducts safety meeting and educational programs as directed
- Interfaces with labor and management representatives to discuss and resolve safety items in the field
- Documents safety program; conducts and documents incident investigations, safety violations, safety observation process
- Review safety related documents as needed before distribution
- Maintain current employee lists with third parties such as MUST, DISA, etc.
- Assists in controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through interface with project management/supervisory personnel
- Advises contractors of safety requirements at pre-construction meetings
- Collect and review contractor safety deliverables: Safety programs, training, and metrics (DART, RIR, EMR, etc.)
- Interface with Project Staff, field staff, and Subcontractors relating to safety regulations to ensure proper compliance
- Attend Meetings as requested to brief the staff on safety issues on the project, within the industry, and to keep informed of the progress of the job
- Perform additional assignments at the direction of Project Safety team
- Makes daily safety inspections on site; issues safety warning notifications and corrective actions as necessary in conjunction with the site Superintendent
- Stop and correct any violation or unsafe practice
- Enforce corporate safety policies on jobsite, working closely with the project site team to support the project guidelines and to provide another set of eyes for safety compliance
- Assist Project Superintendent in establishing and implementing safe work practices
- Maintain Safety Postings
- Maintain up to date knowledge base on regulatory standards
- Bachelors degree in a construction related field OR three to five years experience in construction safety and equivalent working knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Local Candidates Preferred, relocation will not be provided for this position
PLEASE ENSURE YOU MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
~ Ideal Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
~ Accepting NO Third Party Referrals.
Apply by filling out the form.