Types of Accidents include :
- Collision with construction equipment such as forklifts or trucks
- Collision with other vehicles
- Pedestrians (both construction workers and visitors) falling into excavations.
- Driving into excavations
- Driving into work areas
Putting proper barricades up on the job site is a great way to help prevent these types of accidents and to properly put up barricades you need to know that there are many types of barricades that can be used.
Barricades include the use of:
- Caution Tape
- Channeling devices such as barrier walls
- Flashing lights
- Danger tape
- Saw horses
- Snow Fence
Be sure to take time to consider barricading items such as these:
- Giving the public plenty of warning by use of signs
- Make sure warning devices can be seen and are effective
- Use flagmen on narrow passages, one way passages, or when construction vehicles will
- Maintain all barricades and signs
- Be sure you clearly mark the beginning and end of the construction area.
Confirm That You’ve Viewed the Changes
in your inbox
We’ve made some changes/updates to the 2018 employee handbook and need you to acknowledge that you’ve seen these changes.
Thank you for reviewing!
Something went wrong.