- As with other powered vehicles, inspect the lift prior to utilizing it.
- Walk around and ensure there are no leaks
- Check to ensure all the controls are functioning correctly.
- Must be certified to operate the aerial lift.
- Must have a ground person that is certified to operate the aerial lift at all times.
- Make sure that your work area is barricaded and signage is posted.
- Never walk under the boom to gain access to the platform.
- Only utilize the lift on level ground.
- Only stand on the platform floor. Never stand or sit on the railing. No standing on the mid rail or toe board
- Always look in the direction the machine is moving.
- Do not rest the boom or basket on a steel structure of any kind.
- Wear safety harnesses and tie-off to the manufacture provided anchorage point. This includes when you are lowered and moving the equipment to another location.
- Keep your hands the external portion of the basket when raising or lowering the basket.
- Ensure that a fire extinguisher is mounted in the basket when performing activities that present a fire hazard such as welding or grinding. Ensure you have a fire watch person below.
- Except in a case of an emergency, ground controls shall not be operated on an occupied lift (lift occupant shall be in full control of the lift at all times).
Confirm That You’ve Viewed the Changes
in your inbox
We’ve made some changes/updates to the 2018 employee handbook and need you to acknowledge that you’ve seen these changes.
Thank you for reviewing!
Something went wrong.